Thursday, February 3, 2011

Texas weather warp??

Seriously, where is the SUN??  Gonna go nuts over here.  This is exactly why I have to live somewhere with rare snow days and lots of sun.  I neeeeeed some warmth!

Tomorrow is day 4 of ice, below 25degrees, no sun, and school out.  People make fun of Texans when we have an ice storm.  Really, we aren't prepared.  Last Friday it was 75 and sunny.  We have no thermals(I'm wearing a pair of leggings, sweats over them, 2 shirts, and 2 pair of socks and I'm freezing!).  My heater is using "emergency heat" mode and I'm terrified of that bill.  Our cars have no chains, we are stinkin C...O...L...D!  We are all going stir crazy--it is too cold to play outside--I think I got near frostbite after trying to make a snowman.  I took a bath today and shaved--my leg hairs were about 3 inches long from having chillbumps all the time.  I could have braided them!!
We've played checkers, connect 4, chase around the living room, indoor basketball, and such. 

Many of you have asked how Dillon is doing.  He is doing well.  We let  him sleep in his room for the first time last night.  Yes, I'm paranoid and have checked his temp twice a day since Saturday.  The neurologist wants him to have an EEG next Thursday morning.  He has to be sleep deprived(can sleep from 11pm-4am).  That will be pure torture keeping him awake(this kid falls asleep at 7:45 everynight!!).  The EEG is no biggie, but he has to be completely still and sleep.

Yesterday was Carter's 15th birthday.  Funny, he was born on an ice-storm night and we slid to the hospital.  Appropriate for his 15th birthday to reminisce of that.  What a precious young man he is!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe no one has made a comment about you braiding the hair on your legs!! I literally laughed out loud!! You are too funny and I miss you badly. I'm getting caught up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete