Friday, February 25, 2011

Old photos make me smile :)

Couldn't stand having a downer post up. So before I run to do my 2 million errands I thought I'd put up a smiley kind of post.  The sun is peeking out, Mike flies home late tonight, payday is 2 days away, crazy little caveman is at the sitter for a few hours, Carter tests for his driver's permit, and March is next week!!  Life is AWESOME.  I speak at a ladies' conference next Saturday in Abilene.  My topic is Living A Life of Purpose.  Instead of what I had planned to say, I wish I could just show this sermon by Brian Houston, senior pastor of Hillsong Church.  He spoke at Gateway this past Sunday on living out your purpose and it was five hundred times better than what I could do.  If you are interested in watching, clickPURPOSE


.
I have wanted to show you guys some old photos.  I know the quality is terrible, but I didn't feel like driving to a scanner(will though soon cause they are yellowing).  Mike has my nice camera in D.C. on the school 8th grade trip.  So, I took pics of old pics with my iPhone. 

Here we are at Mike's sister's wedding in 1996.  Carter was 6 weeks old.  He was
gorgeous!!  I look 15!!  I was 23.  It seems like another lifetime.  Dang, Mike is handsome and Carter is looking just like him



I took this picture the minute we met Abby. We were at Eastern Social Welfare Society in Seoul. She leaned to him and smiled(tried to anyway, her cheeks were so fat it was hard to smile!). What a precious memory of our lives being turned upside down.


Here are Carter and Abby the first night home.  The blue puppy in the foreground was a toy sent from her foster family.  She's kind of looking at me like "Who is this kid and how in the ___ did I get here?"

 And, here is my precious little angel Dillon.  This is his referral picture at 8 weeks, taken the day he was leaving the babies' hospital and headed for his foster family's home.  Those eyes seared into my heart when I saw them. 
Anyone out there find they are hard-hearted about the 147million orphans in the world??  Just look at those eyes.  Can't turn away and drive your $50,000 vehicle and pretend they don't really exist anymore can ya???

No comments:

Post a Comment