Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Made it there

Mike emailed yesterday evening.  They had smooth travels.  Thanks to the marvel of iPhones, he can text me!  The Bed and Breakfast they are staying at is run by some of the church members.  It sounds awesome.  He was going to sleep to the sound of the Indian Ocean through the windows.  The owners did warn to close their windows during the day because monkeys may come in ;)  Dillon thought that was pretty funny.  Today starts the heavy-duty stuff.  He was warned that he'll see "seriously sad stuff."

Remember what I said yesterday morning about people saying things like "I don't know how you can do that"?  Funny cause the tables were turned on me.  Our church is recruiting workers for VBS in June and I got the heebie-jeebies! I don't know how people teach children's Sunday school or VBS!  I'd much rather jump on a plane to another country than teach a group of 8 year olds...and CRAFTS....loathe them!!!!!!!!!

And now, off to do more technical writing homework...H..A..T..E that class.  I was telling my sister, Emily, about the stupidities of it.  She is an art teacher, and all around talented person.  She had a great perspective.  She suggested I try to really apply it to the future.  What if we do move to Nicaragua and run a school/orphanage?  I'll need to apply my technical writing skills of fonts, color, and design to make appealing brochures and support letters to send to the States.  With that in mind, I'm headed to get coffee and dive in.  My maniac neice, Aspen, is coming to play with Hudson today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment