Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Do Over Day

Yes, I realize I'm supposed to be doing school work while Hudson naps, not blogging!!  Oh, by the way,  after many many hours of work last week, I brought my Tech Writing grade up from a 79 to an 88 :)

     Today is Do Over Day.  I'm trying to be a good mommy today.  Mike's been gone a lot lately to trips, leaership meetings at church, school conferences.  I was a big ugly witch last week-especially Saturday.  Poor Hudson bore the brunt of it.  I won't even tell what I told the lady at Wal-Mart last week, when my nerves were shot and I was exhausted, and he'd just run away into to the bathroom without me!!!  It was poison though, pure poison from my mouth.  I couldn't believe I said it.  So, today has been make up time. I've edified and congratulated him on every little task...from peeing in the potty to putting a puzzle together correctly.   I've baked banana bread with him--he cracked(or shall we say obliterated?) the eggs and held the mixer.  I put together the Thomas the Tank floor puzzle 4 times, the Elmo puzzle 2 times.  We crawled the Thomas the Tank tunnel and tent, and I read a Thomas book.  Have I mentioned that he is obsessed with Thomas??? 
I was telling a friend at work yesterday about how I lost my cool when Hudson did something deliberately to irk me.  Let me explain, that boy is a darling, happy and easy going fella most all the time.  BUT, there are those times when he looks at me with a "go to you-know-where" look on his face and deliberately does the opposite of what I tell him to do.  I can't stand disobedient children.  Like 50 nails sliding down a chalk-board.  Makes me nuts!  My friend was shocked when I told her how mad I got.  She said to another co-worker, "Can you imagine Libby ever losing her cool?"  Friends, I was born with a sin nature, just like every person on this planet.  I struggle with caring about ME more than other people.  I want it MY way, just like my cute little 3 yr old.  I have a sharp tongue that I lose control over at times.  I'm asking the Holy Spirit to bring words of life and encouragement, not death, from my mouth.  Thank goodness 3yr olds wake up each day not remembering if mommy was a witch the day before--they just love mommy!  Dear Jesus, would you please bring about some more blooming fruit of the Spirit in my life?

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galations 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment