Thursday, January 6, 2011

Zero to 4

I'm so happy to shout a big congrats to my dear friends, Ryan and Jessica.  They signed papers last week to adopt a waiting sibling group of FOUR gorgeous African children ages 4 to 12.  They are currently childless---zero to 4 instantly(well, not instantly, their journey to parenthood has beeen loooong and painful!)
YIPPPEEEE!  Talk about fun times ahead.  Imagine next Christmas, can't you see the hilarious excitement for 4 former orphans and 2 former parentless adults?  A match made in heaven.  I'm so proud of them.  And let me explain this...I'm so proud of them for obeying God's call on their lives!  I'm not so proud of them for "being crazy enough to adopt 4 older children of another race", as some say.  For that implies that these kids aren't worthy of a home, that a family would be crazy to want to bring these kids into their lives.  No way.  These kids are going to be a wonderful blessing for Jessica and Ryan, just as Jessica and Ryan will be a wonderful blessing for these kids.  If you'd like a sneak peek at them, clickHere  

To celebrate the great news I took our 4 awesome kids to get ice cream(okay, it really had nothing to do with that--I just wanted ice cream--what New Year's resolutions?!).   The catch was that we all wore our pjs!  Carter was aghast and said "but I'm in highschool and have a social life."  He wore sweats.  Bummer, cause when we got to McDonalds, only a lone old man was there to see  us :(





No comments:

Post a Comment