Friday, January 21, 2011

Trimming the budget and waistline

Thanks to Dave Ramsey and our desire to live completely debt free(except mortgage) soon, we find ourselves cooking a bit more.  For the record, I hate cooking and Mike is a better cook than I am.

This week I made a homemade skillet vegie fritatta
Go to fullsize image
Wednesday I made homemade wheat spagetti with turkey meatballs and sauce.  YUMMO!! 

Thursday was chicken quesidillas, black bean and salsa dip. 

Those delicious smelling restaurants I force myself to drive by got nothing on this kitchen ;)

Judging by the number of hits my posts on budgeting and finances receive, I can tell lots of you are interested in those topics.  I'm thrilled to report that today I mailed that last of the medical bill payments!!!!  So, I've sat down at the computer to open the Debt Snowball spreadsheet and cross that off.  Next up, the credit card.

 If you haven't read Dave Ramsey, the idea is to start with the smallest debts first.  Then, once paid off, take the amount you were sending to the smaller debt and apply it(along with the minimun you'd been paying onthe other ones) all to the next debt.  Thus, creating a snowball effect and quickly reducing the total debts.

By the way, I'm working on a wonderful testimony of how God provides when you step out in faith.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! It's one step at a time towards debt-free, each subsequent step leads to a skip and then a run! By the way...that fritatta looks YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete