Monday, January 3, 2011

A new year

I love New's Years Resolutions.
I love checklists
I love filling out new calenders

Here are mine:
1.  cut down on desserts(loooove me some chocolate and last night I ate ice cream!)
2.  run more often(short distances, but more often)
3.  speak more positive words over my kids--words of life, not death(hmm, is it negative to call your son a nerdbommer or doofenschmertz? I use those as terms of endearment--really!)
4.  follow Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover:  have no debt, but the mortgage.  We should accomplish this goal by November--barring any extraordinary issue that comes up
The budget and debt snowball you ask?
Well, we continue doing great with the NO swipeage motto!
However, the nifty envelopes we were going to use for cash--still haven't been touched.  Maybe this week I'll do something with them


But, today, I'm enjoying my angel--Dillon Michael.  Everyone else started school again today, but he goes back tomorrow.   He's helping me cook gumbo in the crockpot.  Like our aprons?  The one I'm wearing we bought at Namdaemun market in Seoul.  The one he's wearing my mom bought in a Hani village in China several years ago. 
Spending a day with Dillon is so sweet.  He is not demanding, just loves hanging out with me, and tells me he loves me at least 5 times.  He loves music.  When we started cooking he asked "we can listen to that girl with the hair?"  Hmmm, decipher the Dillon language--Oh, lightbulb, Taylor Swift!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how he is growing!!! He is a "young man" (wink-wink for Dillon)...You are such and inspiration to me and I thank you for sharing your daily life with so many :)

    ReplyDelete