Thursday, October 28, 2010

Truth about Sex Industry Part 1

This is so weird and amazing.  As you know I'm reading a book about hearing from God.  I posted about it 2 days ago.  I'm tellin ya, last night God spoke to me in a dream.  Well, I guess you could say he gave me a vision.  It was so real and so awful.  I woke up with my heart racing and knew He was telling me something big.  My sister, Katy, is traveling to Greece(the center of trafficking in Europe) to work with the A21 campaign and fight human trafficking.  I've talked about that issue on here before.  Surely, there aren't still people out there who don't realize that human trafficking and children being sold into the sex industry is a huge huge business!  Well, in case you haven't heard about this problem, here are some facts:

Trafficking in women is the second largest global organized crime today, generating approximately US$12 billion a year(from theA21campaign.org)
A child sold every two minutes; 1 million children forced into the sex trade each year. (from traffick911.com)

Well, yesterday Katy emailed us saying she was freaked out because her trip is 2.5 weeks away.  This isn't a fly to a foreign country, paint a concrete building, hand out church invitations and call it a day.  They will be assisting in midnight brothel rescues.  She's nervous and excited at the same time.  I had been praying for her and the team during the day.  Last night God brought it home!  Here is my dream.

           I was at a large football type of sporting event.  For some reason I knew some of the visiting teams cheerleaders(teen girls).  Afterward the bus left 2 of the girls and they were lost.  They wandered the city streets alone.  Somehow I found where they'd gone. It was a shady row of store fronts that I've passed by in our city a million times.  If you live in a big city you know the kind--run down building, crappy signs for an odd business--like massage--no windows, not nice part of town.  There were several men standing around.  I told them I'd come for the girls.  Suffice to say, they did not cooperate.  I caught a glimpse of the 2 girls I knew inside.  Enter crazy super Libby.  I began bashing in the boarded window with a stroller(strangely appropriate for my weapon!).  After quite the fight, the girls who'd been kidnapped and forced to "entertain" men where brought out.  Here's the kicker.  When the door opened I saw them..... 2 little 6yr old girls, dressed in french maid costumes....hollow blank stares that spoke volumes of what they'd been forced to endure. 

Hold on a second, tears are coming and I may wretch! 

I'm not telling a bunch of internet strangers and blog friends about my dream to shock you and think my mind is warped.  I'm telling you this because it was a clear message from God.  GO GET THOSE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I couldn't sleep and got up.  I clicked on our email inbox and guess what?  There was our monthly newsletter from Destiny Child Rescue(destinyrescue.org)  It was no coincidence!!  Here is a little bit of the 2 stories they shared of recent rescues in Asia.
     Although Narm was barely 14 years old, she felt the burden to support her family and left for the city to try and make some money to send home to her mother. With only a grade 4 education and knowing what more than 90% of the girls in her village were already working as bar girls... Narm quickly found herself working in a brothel for little over $2 a day plus a free room in the brothel.
     Wai wanted to go to school but was pulled out in grade 4 to help her grandmother in the fields. Wai's cousin suggested that she came and worked in the same Karaoke bar (brothel) as she did to earn money for the family... so at the age of 15 Wai went with her cousin and started working in the brothel for a little over $2 a day.

On behalf of these girls we thank you for all you do to help rescue and restore these beautiful children.
Be sure to visit our website - http://www.destinyrescue.org/


This morning I relayed the message to Mike and told him "get ready, I think I'm going somewhere." Mike is totally supportive and said "Okay, that sounds good."

What does all this mean?  I have no idea where it will lead, the hows, the whos, the wheres.  But, I do know the WHYs!
Isaiah 1:17

 learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.

I need to think and pray for a day or so.  Part 2 is coming.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Tears.
    God has been speaking to me about orphans this week. 2 dreams in 1 week about children being brought to me that need a home and we can't because we are in process. Its difficult for me to accept that I can't adopt but 1 right now.
    I hope God is assuring me that He is moving other hearts RIGHT NOW.
    I would love to go on a mission trip some time (that isn't an adoption).
    I can't wait to hear all about how God is talking to you.

    ReplyDelete