Tuesday, October 12, 2010

breaking or broken

Ever notice how big things always break at the same time?  UGH, what a pain.  Our washing machine has been fighting for its life for 2 weeks or so.  It would stop mid cycle.  The only way to get it to spin again was to push on the lid really hard or, my personal favorite, to sit on top of the washer as it finished.  As soon as you let up--it would quit.  I would listen to my iPod. Then, Mike devised a scheme to keep it running.  See below
Unfortunately, the ole knife in the washer trick no longer is effective.  The washer is flat dead.  So, I suppose I'll be headed to the laundry mat for a while.
The other broken item is even a bigger problem.  We had a little leakage behind the shower and into Abby's room.  So, now we are down to one shower.
 We aren't getting things fixed immediately.  Two of the boys had ER visits this summer and then my miscarriage left us with alot of medical bills. Christmas is only 2 months away and sometimes you just gotta prioritize.  Heck, Im trying to keep a positive attitude. At least I'm not washing clothes in the river like the women did when I was in Haiti. 


And, I'm so thankful to have access to excellent medical care.  I could be seeking medical care for my child like the mother of this desperate child with hydrocephalus that I met in Haiti
I guess having only one shower right now and using a carting my clothes to a laundry mat isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment