Saturday, October 9, 2010

And.....another book!

A friend lent me this one.  I will be buying it soon to add to my library.  Mary Beth Chapman has written her story in Choosing to See.  I'm half way through and it is great!!!!!  First off, she is so real.   This woman has been through the wringer.  She is honest and wise and I found myself relating to her on many many levels, including struggling with depression and perfectionism(there ya have it--I struggle too).  Yep, you will need hankies nearby.  I'll never forget the night when their daughter Maria was killed.  I felt like a friend's daughter had died.  When I moved off to college and was soooooooo lonely, it was Steven Curtis Chapman's album More To This Life that kept me going.  When Mike and I got married, Mike sang I Will Be Here(written by Steven) to me at our wedding!  When they adopted from China, it was about a year after Abby came home.  We saw him and his boys in concert in Dallas and they brought all 3 little Chinese girls on stage.  I cried then too.  I've heard their eldest daughter, Emily, speak at adoption conferences when she was in college. So, reading her story is much more than reading some celebrity who I don't know.  Thank you Mary Beth for sharing your heart.  Thank you for being a true champion of the orphan AND for being so real about your adoption experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment