Saturday, October 30, 2010

Part2

Well, I hope everyone wasn't hoping for some great revelation or announcement that I was flying off to Asia somewhere to help in child rescuing!  I've gotten nothing since Thursday night--nuttin!  My friend, Susie, wondered if maybe the dream was a confirmation for Katy--you know--how important this trip is.  Maybe it was a wake up call for all of us living in our safe bubble.  Maybe I will end up going somewhere in the next few months-who knows.  I'm open for whatever God sends my way.  In the mean time, here is a little more education.  Oh, I've mentioned it a zillion times on here, but please, read Jantzen's Gift by Pam Cope.  She was just an ordinary suburban mom whose life was changed and she got involved in rescuing children from slavery.

This is a video from Destiny Child Rescue(scroll way down to the far right to pause my music player so you can hear the words on the video)




Now, before people think "Ahh, that only happens in 3rd world countries", wrong!


Taken from trafick911.com
U.S. Scope
100,000-325,000 U.S. children trafficked each year within our country...and growing.
1 out of 3 homeless youth in the U.S. sold into sex slavery within 48 hours of running away or being kicked out.
The average age of entry into sex trafficking is 12-13.
 Domestic trafficking more prevalent in the United States than victims being brought in from the other countries.
Texas Is A Hub
The National Human Trafficking Hotline receives more calls from Texas than any other state.
Department of Justice designated the I-10 corridor as the No. 1 route for human trafficking in the U.S.
Breeding ground for predators thanks to numerous interstate highways, airports, malls.
Easy to market: Internet, truck stops, modeling studios, etc.
Demand skyrockets when major sporting events and conventions come to town.  Like the World Series and Super Bowl!!!!!!!!! 
So, be in prayer. Be educated.  Be aware.  Be an advocate.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Libby! By the way I love your blog!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete