Saturday, June 5, 2010

quite a day

Friday was interesting.  It began with dragging the kids to the car repair place at 7:30am in the city.  We dropped off the minivan for some long needed(but put off to save money so we didn't have to use a credit card) maintenance.  We drove across town to get ready for our private speech therapy starting up again for the summer.  At 8am we entered a donut shop to try to get a free donut since it was National Donut Day and the news said many places were giving away donuts in honor of the day.  We walked up to the counter and I heard Abby say "Uh-oh, Momma!".  Dillon barfed right there in front of the donut counter.  I was so embarrassed that instead of free donuts, I spent 6.00 getting donuts and drinks for everyone!  Dillon was magically cured and wanted Sprite :)
We headed to speech.  After speech we went to the dentist.  That was interesting too.  Nothing like trying to parent and keep 3 kids in check while lying on your back getting plaque scraped off your teeth.  The hygenist and her husband have no kids yet and she proceeded to tell me how 2yr olds "should" behave! HA, that was a laugh.
After this,  I was very tired and hungry.  Radical Experiment went out the window.  We got lunch at Subway.  We headed to my aunt's home to meet up with my sister and swim a while.  I was basically stuck there til our minivan was done at the shop.  My sister is keeping a new foster child for 2 weeks.  The little girl is a very smart and sweet 10yr old.  She broke my heart when I was talking to her asking basic questions.  I asked if she had any siblings.  She replied "I have a 7yr old sister, she lives in a different house for respite care."  SAD.  Her status as a foster child was so matter of fact, ya know??  I mean, she just stated it like it was the same fact as her hair is blonde.  What a sad sad way to grow up.  Being an adolescent girl is hard enough.  Throw being a foster child and man, that is tough!!!!
Finally the van was done.  Lets just say the bill was huge--can you say a double ugh?!  I told the repair dude that he had to keep it running well for many more years, so fix it all up. 
In the midst of all this, Hudson has an intestinal issue--shall we say--and his booty is raw.  Carter was exposed to poison ivy during his combat wars in the woods Tuesday and had an allergic reaction.  His eyes and nose are swollen and dark purple and he itches terribly.  He refuses to leave the house and has been holed up for 4 days :(
Fun times.  Seriously, I'm not complaining.  It is a privelage to care for these little dudes in my home.  It is a blessing to have medical care, be able to hire a speech therapist for Dillon, a big blessing to have dental care and a big privelage to have transportation to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment