Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Here are Carter and his buds decked out for air soft gun wars.  They had a blast playing war in the woods
across from our neighborhood.  Unfortunately, Carter got the gift that keeps on giving--poison ivy and an allergic reaction to it.  He's bright red and covered with rash!!  We went to the doctor to get steroids today.

Here is Abby with her sweet sweet teacher.  They give each kid a characte/Fruit of the Spirit award.  Abby's was kindness and that surely fits her.
 And here are the two munchkins!  Mike and I had been out running and came in about 6:30am to find the little Korean contingent asleep together on the couch!

And finally, Kindergarten graduation.  Dang, that little dude is adorable!
As for me, I'm working my 2 days a week.  I am painting the living room a little at a time.  I'm excited about reading more.  My sweet cyber friend, Sunny(who I'm sure shares my brain and heart), told me about a good Christian fiction book called Quaker Summer that I plan on checking out.  I'm going to take Abby to get her own library card and check out some books.  I'm currently working on a Bible Study called "Five Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter."  Several of us moms with girls entering 4th grade are going through this study and will talk with our daughters over the summer.  Oh, what a daunting task to raise godly, pure girls in this crazy culture!   I just started getting up at 5:30 and jogging again--no big distances, but I sure feel better.  I am also trying to be patient with the house being a wreck from having all the kids home.  Man oh man, it is so hard for me to relax and not stress about it.
Mike is working in the office for the month of June.  People are always surprised that the principal has work to do when school is out.  We are planning on breaking ground for a new building in a few weeks.  Our school is doing an ministry for the on-site construction workers.  I can't wait to tell you guys about that.  I'm thinking about posting a little about tithing sometime too. Hmmm, it is painful to have a brain as hyper as mine ;)



1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Miss y'all. You do have a hyper brain...I get worn out just reading your blog sometimes. :-) If you are wondering why I'm reading your blog at 2am....I have been sick with a cold for almost 2 weeks now...terrible cough that keeps me up at night. Fun Fun.

    ReplyDelete