Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My little prayer warrior

Tonight we watched American Idol. It was the Idol Gives Back fundraising campagain. Of course, I cried big time seeing the premature,newborn orphaned baby girl in Uganda being fed with a cup, not even a bottle. The camera pans to show several newborn babies lying all bundled up in lined up little wooden boxes, used as cribs. I was a mess already, but seeing those cribs, my heart really hurt. You see when we picked up Abby at Eastern Social Welfare Society in Seoul 9 years ago, we saw cribs like that. Essentially they looked like shelves lining the walls, with 4 sides on the top. In each "crib" was a tiny bundle wrapped in blankets, Sixty three babies were in the Babies Home at that time(and Korea is the Cadillac of international adoption-they get excellent care!). My daughter had been one of those babies. My daughter was born at 30 weeks and weighed 3 pounds. The "what ifs" can make you lose focus of the "here and nows" so I don't go there. When we said bedtime prayers, my prayer warrior daughter prayed these lines
"Please help Hudson to not be so whiney(he was super duper unhappy today) and be a blessing to momma. Please let Dillon grow and learn and do all the things that we do. Please help the people who have no homes."

We hear this remark from people a lot "Those kids are so lucky to have you." HUH!? Did you hear that prayer from a 9yr old girl? WE are the ones that God showered his blessings on! Thank you God Almighty for sparing Abby's little life and placing her in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment