Saturday, April 17, 2010

The A21 Campaign - Be Her Freedom

Scroll down to the music player on the right and pause it so you can hear the video.
Last night I listened to Christine Cain again, founder of the A21 campaign. Whew, I'm totally exhausted, physically, spiritually, and emotionally! My throat hurts from singing and praising at the top of my lungs and then crying! She tell of the first young lady she met in Greece who had been rescued from the sex slave industry. She, along with 59other women was shipped in a cargo container. The young lady said "Why didn't you come sooner?" That cut my heart to the core! Christine spoke of the things we are preoccupied with that keep us from being the hands and feet of Jesus to those suffering. Christine said she began wondering, just what was so darn important that kept her from getting involved sooner? Manicures, children's sports, our little church meetings, buying more food than we could ever eat at Wal-Mart? People all over the world are asking God's church, Why didn't you come sooner? 143 million orphans and asking "Why didn't you come sooner?" 200,000 kids in the US foster system are asking "Why didn't you come sooner?" Christine said "Compassion isn't authentic until we cross the street and GO to them. When we just feel sorry and don't do anything, it is just emotions!" Isaiah chapter 11 clearly tells us what God expects from his people(I'm using the Message translation here because it is so powerful and clear)

13-17"Quit your worship charades.
I can't stand your trivial religious games:
Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings—
meetings, meetings, meetings—I can't stand one more!
Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them!
You've worn me out!
I'm sick of your religion, religion, religion,
while you go right on sinning.
When you put on your next prayer-performance,
I'll be looking the other way.
No matter how long or loud or often you pray,
I'll not be listening.
And do you know why? Because you've been tearing
people to pieces, and your hands are bloody.
Go home and wash up.
Clean up your act.
Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings
so I don't have to look at them any longer.
Say no to wrong.
Learn to do good.
Work for justice.
Help the down-and-out.
Stand up for the homeless.
Go to bat for the defenseless.

1 comment:

  1. Libby, Thanks for sharing this video.
    JessicaCo (from forum)

    ReplyDelete