Sunday, November 22, 2009

A sweet day


Today was Parent/Child Dedication at church.  It was very special for us.  We had a huge group of family and friends(thanks guys for driving over!).  The ceremony was short and sweet and just perfect, and we had a great worship and teaching time.  Then, everyone headed to our house for Hudson's birthday lunch.  We had a Pororo cake made.  If you are new to the blog, Pororo is a cute little penguin that is super popular in Korea(like Barney here).  I'm so thankful to the people who have donated to Dillon International's OrphanCare in honor of Hudson's birthday.  143 million children in the world have no family to call their own.  No gift could make me happier!




On to my new book. I just finished reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  WOW!  The first 2 chapters were slow for me, stuff I've read before.  Then it got good.  I love love love reading about people unafraid to live radically and challenge Christians who have all the resources they need, are overfed, happy to sit on their hineys and do nothing for others.  This really challenged me since I like safety and planning.  Here is a quote that is challenging me.

   Lukewarm people are continually concerned with playing it safe;  they are slaves to the god of control.  This focus on safe living keeps them from sacrificing and risking for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment