Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fiction Series that changed my life



My sister blogged about this a few days ago.  My mom, sisters, and buds are all into this series.  It is Christian Fiction and it is wonderful!!  I know, it sounds ridiculous to say that a fiction series changes you, but this one has changed how I look at my "religious" background, how I view other races and their worship styles, service, and prayer.   There are 7 books in this series.  I highly recommend them, especially if you are white, middle class, raised in the church!  Gonna step on some toes here(ya'll know I love to do that anyway), but growing up white, middle class, in the church kinda gives you permanent blinders to the world beyond, know what I mean??  Anyway, read the series.  Please leave me a comment if you've read them and how it changed your perspective!!

Quote from book 4
   "Funny thing about miracles though--they're uncomfortable; they upset the natural oder.  One hardly knows what to do with them; they don't come with instructions."

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check those out. I wanted to recommend a Christian fiction book that really did make an impact on my life too. It's "Quaker Summer" but Lisa Samson....amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to start these...can I borrow your copy?

    ReplyDelete