Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How do you do it?

I was asked that yesterday.  A coworker asked me out of the blue, "Libby, how do you do it?'  I knew what she meant, but I acted like I didn't.  She went on to ask how do I work, adopt children, take care of all my kids and patients at work, smile, be friendly, not lose my cool, have energy.   First off, I'm totally normal.  There isn't a super human woman lurking inside my body.  I get super tired and irritable at times.  I CRAVE alone time.  I must have some quiet alone time or I'll lose my cool.  There are those days when I think "If one more person says Momma, will you____?  I'll go nuts!"  So, the answer to the question:  Jesus Christ.  That's right, I take no credit.  My personal relationship with Jesus gets me through and drives my passions.  I'm praying to be renewed everyday and to become more like Jesus.  No amount of church-going, good deeds, donating money,rituals, baptisms, memorized prayers and Scriptures will ever cut it!  It is a daily choice to be a follower of my Savior Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment