Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So thankful




I have so much to be grateful for:  1. I got a raise yesterday! A good raise! I go back to work this week(just 2 twelve hour shifts). Amazingly enough, I miss my job and am excited to be back at work.  2. Hudson went to the sitter all day yesterday, for the first time. He did great. The sitter was surprised at how easy he was. I had been so worried that he might think "Oh, great, here we go again with a new family!". I prayed and prayed for the Spirit to speak peace to his heart.  3. We paid off our credit card. We want to live according to God's budget plan and do what we can to give to others. And, that leads me to say, once again, a HUGE thank you to all who selflessly gave us money to help with Hudson's adoption. From the anonymous person who paid for our homestudy, to Dillon International's Building Families Fund, to the several individuals who gave us donations. I'm truly humbled by your generosity. I've prayed that God would return those blessings upon you ten-fold. And, once we get our savings a little beefed up, we plan to do exactly what you all did--give to other families adopting.

As for an update on the little fella, well, he is amazing. He is so darn cute and kissable. His cheeks are probably calloused from me kissing them all the time. He sings and jabbers from the minute his eyes are open in the morning, to the minute they close for sleep. He copies big bro Dillon. He has added the sign for "eat" to his sign language vocab. The only troubling issue is his eating. He will shove every bite on his plate into his mouth until he chokes or vomits. We can only give him a few little bites at a time, check to see that he has swallowed the food and then give him more. All the while he is furiously signing "MORE." I am writing a letter to his foster mother and birthmother today. His foster mother must miss him terribly. She will enjoy the pics I'm going to send her. As for Hudson's birthmother, she may never get the letter or pictures. But, I my heart says that I must send them to the agency in Korea. If she never comes to read his file, at least Hudson will grow up knowing that we respect her and love her and realize the huge sacrifice she has given up.

No comments:

Post a Comment