Sunday, September 4, 2011

We who labor on Labor Day

Here's to all the people who don't get a 3 day weekend(like me, apparently sick people need help on holidays too!).  Mike just left with the kids to head to the country.  He and Carter will  hunt dove at Grandma's place, while Abby, Hudson, and Dillon will be spoiled rotten by their grandparents and play for hours with their cousins.  I don't get to go.  I work at the hospital tomorrow.  I'm a tad sad because I miss several fun events a year due to work.  But, can I get a Boo-Yah for time and a half tomorrow???  Oh yeah, my sadness turned to joy pretty soon when I figured how much more my check will be :)  Hey, don't judge, Christmas is right around the corner and I have ZERO stashed for our Christmas budget.  You want to know the other reason I'm over my sadness?  I'm all alone!!!!!!!!!!!  Hooray for alone time.  I've got grand plans for the rest of today:  balance checkbook, do dishes, study for my Assessment quiz, grocery shop(I plan on indulging in lots of Pita chips with sea salt--addicting!), get the oil changed in Mike's car.  Sounds like a rockin' grand time eh?  Well, if you have 4 kids and a tight budget, you totally understand my jubilation at having some alone time that doesn't cost babysitter money. 

To perk me up, here are some pics:


Dillon's first day of second grade

Abby's first day of 5th grade

Carter starting 10th grade(where does the time go????)

Hudson trying to blend in to Abby's class(he wants to go to school so badly)

No comments:

Post a Comment