Monday, September 19, 2011

Oh yes He did!

God gave us some big gifts the past several days.  I actually wrote this post Thursday morning and then, after talking with Mike, realized I'd misunderstood him and almost blew a huge secret to smithereens!  So, I quickly deleted it and now that it is safe, I'm reposting.

First off, you all know how I preach about keeping a prayer journal.  This is one I'll be loving to reread someday.
Since last early spring, one of those crazy, how in the heck is this gonna happen, prayer request was a 1 million dollar donation for our school.  We  just built a new secondary building and had zero dollars left.  They gym was a shell and wouldn't be built until there was money.  So, a bunch of us have been praying for a miracle--a million dollar miracle to be exact.  Last week, a couple who have no affiliation with the school, came for a visit.  It seems they came into a very very large amount of money and felt God told them to donate to our school.  They want to be completely anonymous.  They man handed the chief admininstrator a hand-written check for 1MILLION dollars!!!!!!!  Not only that, he wrote a separate 100,000 dollar check to cover all the scholarships the school has had to give to families in hard financial times.  Over and above, that is God's way.  What a sweet time of saying "Thank You" and remembering that He really does answer prayer.

A couple more:  my dad's shop sold.  In this economy, in a small town, that is darn miraculous. 
 Mike's sister and her husband, along with their 2 girls, had a really neat answer to their prayers over the weekend.
My sweet friend, Jessica, had a miracle baby by birth.  She was born 8 weeks early.  Yesterday I got to help bath her and feed her.  She is 4 weeks  now, at home, weighs 5 pounds and is perfect.  They will travel to Ethiopia in about 5 months to bring home the 4 siblings they've been waiting on for a year! 

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was loosing my mind--I even rechecked your blog to see if I had made that post up! HaHa

    I am so excited to see God at work--it makes my mountain seem so small. In God's economy anything is possible!! We just have to wait on Him! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete