Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer to do's...

Abby's birthday is the end of August.  About 2months ago, I started stripping an old desk that my parents bought for us when I was really young.  I think it is about the most valuable heirloom they have to pass on, so far.  It has been through so many changes, been painted everything from 1970's bright orange, to 80's seafoam green, to red, to white.  It has watched my sisters and I grow up and held notes and craft projects for us all.  I'm planning on stripping all the way to the wood, sanding it, and repainting it.  It has been in my garage, with about 10 different colors showing for the past month. But, I'm totally swamped.... I...cant...do...one...more...thing



 or so I thought :)


This morning, I did my nursing class quiz, studied for statistics.  Then, after hearing Mr. Smiley(aka Hudson), repeatedly say "Pweese you paint me room bwuuu wike Thomas!" I could figure the probability of drawing a red marble from a box of 1000 marbles no longer.  So, contrary to what is sensible and prudent(which I almost always lean to), I began painting.  The letters above are being painted black to go in Abby's new puprle and black room.  Hudson and Dillon will soon have a beautiful denim blue colored wall.

I'm not sure why I'm painting the room.  We are praying over a much bigger house 2 streets over that is headed to foreclusure.  IF, and that is a capitol IF, God wants us to have a bigger house to use for more ministry(we are leaning toward providing respite foster care), then we will be putting in a very low offer on this big, abandoned home.  So, painting our house seems a tad silly.  Oh well, it will likely not happen, so my boys may as well enjoy a bwuu room wike Thomas(the tank engine for all you moms of girls).

No comments:

Post a Comment