Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home, cowboy boots, and a streak of luck

Finally, all the kids are home!  Carter returned from youth camp(Student Life in Edmond).  He loved it!  I just love boys.  The brothers all missed each other and here is how they bond...Dog Pile(dang it, my  pics won't load today, I had some awesome ones).


The new fashion statement at our house is cowboy boots with shorts.  Someone gave Dillon some awesome cowboy boots.  The ones Hudson is wearing are old hand-me-downs from Carter(can you even imagine that big  young man wearing little cowboy boots?). 


Abby had volleyball camp at our sweet school this week.  She is really good and she and I are thinking a volleyball, coupled with academic, scholarship to TCU is forthcoming ;)   Of course, TCU is waaaay out of our league so she better get a good scholarship!  She will be turning 11 in a month.  She is becoming drop dead gorgeous.  We are updating her room to be more pre-teen instead of little girl  boohoooo


Good luck?  Of course, as a follower of Jesus, I don't believe in luck.  We've been blessed.  Thursday night I  noticed Dillon was holding his mouth a little funny, and he was really tired.  Friday morning, he wouldn't drink and was talking funny.  Light bulb went off!  The past few times he's had strep, that was the beginning signs.  So, even though he had no fever and was running around fine, I took him to see our sweet pediatrician.  He said his throat wasonly a tiny bit red, but that given Dillon's bad issues with strep, he'd test him.  He came in laughing a bit later, it was Positive.  The child looked no sicker than you and I, but I just knew it.  We are so thankful we caught it early and Dillon isn't sick.
And, I won 4 tickets to a Kari Jobe concert.  O I just LOVE her!
AND, Friday morning I made a 100 on my Statistics quiz.  I needed that badly considering my last 2 quizes were 60 and 66.  I've been getting up every day at 5:45 to do my class before the kids are up.  Only 3 more weeks of this math craziness.  Heck, I'll be darn good at Nevada Roulette after this Stats class(not that I would ever give my hard-earned money to a dumb game).

No comments:

Post a Comment