Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little trip with the girlie tomorrow

Abby and I leave early in the morning for our school's 4th grade Austin/San Antonio trip.  They've been studying Texas history for several months and this is the big 3 day trip to see all the sights.  Oh, sure, we've seen it before, but this is a really fun and special trip.  I went with Carter and now he is a freshman in highschool--sniff sniff!!  Sweet memories.  After all my travels in the past 17yrs, I pack really light.  I'm only taking essentials:  2 changes of clothes, iPod, laptop, iPhone, Kindle(my Bible and books are on it), camera, and chargers for all necessities!!  Ridiculous huh?  I can't survive without them for 3 days!  UGH.

School you ask???  Ahhhh,  I totally ramped it up to pull a 90 in Technical Writing(the bane of my existence for 5 weeks).  Yes sirree, my online team project made the most beautiful and detailed brochure on how to make jello you've ever seen.

And now, this is a blog for family, orphan care and adoption advocation and education, and ministry focus.  I know you are going to think I'm a bit nutty here, but below is a link to a sermon by Pastor Morris of Gateway Church, where 2 of my sisters go, taught a few weeks ago about Joseph and his overcoming sexual temptation, called The Purity Test.  Really, I think this is the best teaching on a Biblical view of sex I've ever heard. Everyone ages 12 and up, even old married couples need this teaching. I made Carter watch it yesterday and he agreed, it is very important and informative--makes it all clear and shows how the Bible really really does know what it is talking about ;)  Click on The Purity Test from March 26th.
Sermon Center Gateway Church

No comments:

Post a Comment