Saturday, April 23, 2011

My favorite holiday

Go to fullsize image   Easter is my favorite holiday.  Know why?  Cause without Easter, there'd be no Christmas.  Yep, that sounds backwards doesn't it?  Without the resurrection--who cares if Jesus was born in the first place.  His victory over death, his resurrection is where we get  our salvation, our meaning, our life, our power, our all in all.  Jesus' crucifixion, burial, and resurrection separate him from historical prophets and whomever people glorify as a deity.  Jesus stepped down and made a way.  David Platt has a great description.  He says all other religions of the world are men trying to climb to god.  Christianity is God, making a way to come down to men and draw them to Himself.  The simple gospel is just that:  Jesus paid it all and made a way for us.  Beautiful.  In my head I'm hearing the wonderful song by Hillsongs "At the Cross." 

We will be visiting with family this weekend.  I don't mind working on Christmas and Thanksgiving, for I get paid time and a half!  But, don't jack with my Easter weekend--sacred.  Appropriately, the hospital called at 3am last night needing help.  Sorry!

This afternoon we go to the country.  The kids hunt treats(Nana has gotten creative and instead of candy, she hides Gatorade bottles, eggs with quarters, fruit rollups and such).  Aunt Beverly's Easter gift to us bought the little boys matching pastel Polo shirts.  Carter has a nice new shirt and Abby a cute legging outfit.  We are sad that we will miss Easter at our church, but Carter is playing his guitar with the kids singing at Nana's church Sunday.  They will be doing  "He Loves Us" and "Mighty to Save."  Don't worry, I will video it and proudly post here in a few days.  Then we will feast with my parents, my sisters, their children, my 95yr old grandparents, and a few others(there are always extras--generally not related, just someone who needed a place for Easter Sunday) at my parent's home.  Sweet times.

No comments:

Post a Comment