Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Few quick quotes

I know, I know, it is late and I should be in bed or at least studying.  But, Art Appreciation is just not floating my boat right now.  My entire house is beige and I don't give a rip about textures or rhythms in paintings.  My Professional Nursing class is great, but I'm on schedule in that class.  So, I'll waste some time typing up a post and eating graham crackers slathered in Nutella--wash it down with milk, of course!  Plus, my body is all screwed up lately and who knows when I'll sleep?  Last night the hangy-down thing in my throat(I am aware of the name, but I much prefer Hangy-down thing!) swelled up.  I could hardly swallow and it hurt so badly.  When lying on my back it felt like my airway was being closed off.  I made so much noise that Mike slept on the couch because I sounded like a growling dog in bed all night!  So, I helped myself to a bolus dose of steroids that a sweet doctor friend of ours gave us a while back.  My throat feels much better, but I feel a bit psycho.
Anyway, to the good stuff:

My new book Shame off You by Alan Wright is really good.  Here are a few great quotes to get you thinking until your copy can come after you order it on Amazon :)
     "All people who try hard at life do so for one of two reasons-they're fearful and looking for acceptance, or they're fulfilled and looking to make a difference."

     "God never uses shame to motivate us toward right living or excellence.  He never motivates us by withholding His love from us."

     "Conviction always moves us back to the Father."

     "Shame always causes us to feel more distant from God.  Conviction  always makes us feel closer to God."

     "God's love is not a reward for the righteous, it is a gift to the repentant.  God's love is not acquired by living right and serving well.  God's love is received only through the sweet surrender of a thirsty soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment