Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Race, Reproduction, and Release

Race:  First off, that is me in the picture above :)  I love it to death!  Dillon's kindegarten class drew pictures of their moms for Mother's day.  I think it speaks volumes.  Notice I'm dark brown.  The funny thing is that another little boy in Dillon's class is a Korean adoptee.  He drew his mother literally white--all her skin was colored with a white crayon, too cute!  I love that so far, Dillon still sees me just like him.

Funny conversation on reproduction
Dillon:  "Momma, where you grow when you baby?"
Me:  "I grew in Ma's tummy and lived with Ma and Poppa, they are my mommy and daddy.  Where did you grow when you were a baby?"
Dillon:  "Korea.  Hudson too."
Me:  "Yes and like Abby."
Dillon:  "How you know?!!"
I really loved that conversation--adorable!

Release.
Hudson is releasing his fears and really attaching himself.  For the very first time since coming home( nearly 8.5months), Hudson has awakened from  his naps cheerful and calm.  Seriously, every single stinkin day he'd awake from his nap like this.  Sleeping peacefully, start to awaken, eyes open, sudden wail and thrash to get off bed!  Now, he awakens, sits up, looks around and says "momma".  Oh Praise the Lord for releasing of fears of abandonment and feeling secure.

1 comment:

  1. Dillon is so funny! That is great news about Hudson...it has been awesome to see his progression in bonding with y'all.

    You need to go look at my blog...gave some much needed attention to it. I still have lots of questions though. I may call you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete