Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Waiting Children

FYI, if anyone out there is feeling a tug to adopt a waiting boy in Korea, the Dillon International Waiting Child page has a couple.  There are some fairly strict qualifications that you must fit and you can't see pics without filling out a questionarre and getting a password, but they are sweeties.  Just want to throw that out there.......ya know, just in case a little boy would complete your family..... like our little Hudson did! ;)

Okay, I'm back(had to go do dishes.  I wanted to keep talking about Korea.  I just told Mike and Abby yesterday that I felt a  little homesick.  You ever have that feeling?  Kind of an itch to go.  I was reflecting on walking the crowded streets of a city of 10million, yet  never once feeling worried or unsafe.  I'm remembering the cool street markets and the food we'd buy from street vendors.  No big box stores on every corner like here.  Hundreds and hundreds of years of history.

Of course, I think part of this feeling is just me.  I seem to get a discontented "itch" to go somewhere every 6months to a year.  It's been 5months since I got back from Haiti.  I'm too broke to go anywhere further than taking the kids to Korean Heritage Camp in Tulsa this July.  Guess that will have to do for now.  You bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna start saving and praying for a trip next year.  We are seriously considering going to Panama over spring break with a friend who works with Soul Seekers Ministries.  Mike gets to take the seniors from his school to Puerto Rico all next week and serve in an orphanage.  Yep, suffering for Jesus and its even all paid for!!  Just joking, you all know I am.  I'm the one suffering--here with 4 kids all alone! Hmm, no cooking all week--PARTY!

1 comment: