Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sounds of summer

I see some fellow mothers posting things on Facebook like "I'm so happy to have all my chicks in the nest alllllll summer" and "I don't want school to start, I love having my children home with me allllll day"

I'm sorry, but I smirk and gag a bit when I read those posts.  Here is what summer sounds like in my house
       "DILLON!!"
        "Hudson, STOP"
       "Uh-uh"
        "ah-ha"
        "uh-uh
        "ah-ha"
"MOOOOOOOOMMMMYYYYYY"  insert little boy running to tattle on his brother.  One minute best friends and enjoying stunts like below.  The next minute at each others' throats. (side note, check out our totally funky 1983 stained glass front door!)













I also hear our money being sucked out like a vacuum: ice cream here, out to eat there (cause it is too hot to cook  or 2 out of 4 kids aren't home and it is SO cheap to only have 2 kids go out with us!), and camp here, and a movie there.

You get the picture.  I love summer and my children, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying that it isn't structured the most wise way.  I sure wish we could go to school several months, have a month off, go several months, have a month and so forth.  I am ready for school after about a month.  Abby has had her school backpack packed and at her door since last week.  She is driving  us nuts about going shopping for school supplies.

In the meantime, we are trying to enjoy our last few days of a little bit more relaxed life.  We've become fairly red neck as well.  Our wooded acre is great for pellet gun practice.

And we discovered a sweet and poorboy style lake marina/beach.  Five bucks gets you this paradise :)  It really is nice and well done.

There are some great advantages to summer of course:
no making sure there are school uniforms clean, eating whatever is available for lunch and not packing a decent school lunch, Abby is home to babysit for me when I work.  I love paying her instead of a random sitter.  For our anniversary, she and the little boys made us this.  So sweet :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for school as well! And I would love year round school! Envious of friends who have that treasure!

    ReplyDelete