Sunday, August 18, 2013

sometimes being a hoarder pays off

Abby saves everything.  When I say everything, I mean every dumb piece of paper, wrapping paper she took off gifts, tags off of clothes stuffed in to tiny jewelry boxes, last years school notes, tubes of lip gloss hidden in her sock drawer...etc.  This is a point of contention in our relationship.  I hate clutter.  I like open spaces and I have been known to throw away important items without really thinking it through. Once a month I got in to her room(when she isn't home) with a trash bag and clean out all the purses, gym bags, and keepsake boxes. Well her saving has paid off.  She's been hoarding cash, in a zip lock baggie no less.  After saving babysitting money and her paychecks from sorting books at school, she has 410.00!  She has been eyeing a used iPad on Amazon.  Today we will order her iPad and case for a total of 380.00.  Mike and I don't even have an iPad.  Heck, our computer is a slow piece of crud.  I'm so proud for her!!  I hope she catches the bug of saving and paying cash for items for the rest of her life.

2 comments: