Thursday, November 22, 2012

It can't really be Thanksgiving morning can it??

Seriously, this year is flying!!  Since school started mid August, the days are a blur.  I love Thanksgiving and want to enjoy these sweet days, not watch them fly by me. My paternal grandfather passed away on Thanksgiving 24 years ago.  And, this year will be the first holidays without my maternal grandfather. My parents are selling our family home of 27 years and embarking on an adventure that I'm sure their peers think is nuts(I think it sounds F-U-N).  The only guarantee in life is change.

This morning an attitude of gratitude is in order. I'm thankful for
Jesus, my Lord
my healthy family and a husband who supports me in my wild ideas
my own health--running the Turkey Trot 5K with my buddies this morning
my warm home that houses my most precious treasures--whom are all still asleep this morning
our extended familys on both sides
Susie's surgery went well and her lymph nodes are free of cancer
clean water every single time I turn on the faucet
my job that offers awesome benefits for working part-time
both schools the kids attend....ah-mazing
Rosas and Taco Tuesdays
our sweet, fun, church
a teenage son who doesn't give us a lick of trouble
my dear old minivan that has 203000 miles on it and runs great(paid for!)
my coffee with french vanilla creamer
antibiotics to kill Hudson's "ear confection" as he calls it
that God led us to adopt 3 angels from South Korea--Carter cackles in joy watching his crazy little brothers and Abby loves to help Carter--like a little momma
Vaseline--I'm addicted to it being a constant presence on my lips

Pics to follow of our sweet holiday.  But, to help you all remember to keep your priorities straight

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.  Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82:3-4

1 comment:

  1. Love the "ear confection"lingo. Love that your friend had cancer free lymph nodes....yes we both actually escaped last weekend. David did great. He had a little trouble when we got back because he had been running the place, and wasn't crazy about rule enforcement upon return. We crashed the "h mart!" WOW, can't wait to do it again! We ran around that place for an hour. I'm rambling again...Happy Happy THanksgiving to you!!!

    ReplyDelete