Thursday, October 11, 2012

spinning like a tornado


I'm running around like a crazy woman with my hair on fire!  So...much...to...do....
I leave for Korea 1 week from this morning.  I'm having a last minute garage sale Saturday morning to clear some stuff we've accummulated and because I'm a couple hundred away from the trip being paid for.  Of course, the forecast is calling for rain--every garage sale I've ever had has rained!  I guess I'm a slow learner because every 2 years I attempt another one.  I'm in charge of the Junior breakfast next Wednesday.  I'm in charge of the Heart Gallery display at church for 3 weeks(a photographic emphasis on the children in Texas foster system who are legally cleared for adoption and NEED forever families).  I'm in charge of coordinating an education conference and dinner at work for a group of nurses.  I'm in charge of the class basket auction item in Hudson's class. And, I work tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.  Oh, I still have no gift whatsoever for Hudson's foster mommy!  YIKES, I feel like I'm drowning.  And yet, I'm blogging....great time management Libby :(
  So anyway, yesterday was awesome.  I had to go to my fav thrift store in the hood and look for dress shoes and a skirt for Korea.  You will not believe my finds! 
Brand new, black seude Cole Haan boots for 12dollars!!  I did the whoopwhoop happy dance and then hid them under a pile of shirts in my basket in case anyone else saw them.  I also got a Liz Claiborne clutch bag for 4.50, Bass flats for 7.00, black dress pumps for 7.00, and 4 shirts--total of 48.00.  Truly, I have a gift.  I'll share my thrift secrets:  never ever take your children, only go when you can peruse through every item, do not be to proud to buy used items-remember you are beating the big business and not aiding companies that use child slavery in sweat shops, don't buy something you really wouldn't wear just because it is a great price.  It still is a waste if you never wear it.  You must be patient and willing to flip through every shirt hanging.  Do you guys know how many Ann Taylor Loft sweaters I saw??  Anyways, I'll take you with me someday.

Then, in the mail was this:
I was afraid the university had changed their mind and not given my degree!!    I'm thrilled to death.  Thank you Mike for insisting I finish what I started in 1991.
Now, off to price items, write out a schedule for the boys while I'm gone, plan a menu, buy groceries, and order pictures of Hudson's last 3 years with our family to take to Korea.  Drat internet, stop distracting me please

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Libby I'm exhausted after reading this! You can do it...if anyone can YOU CAN!!! You are crazy...but super woman all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Mer on the comment!! You are a woman of super hero powers and energy :)

    ReplyDelete