Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Making ready for the trip

9 days til we leave for our trip to Korea!  I have gathered much of the giftage that needs to be taken.  Koreans love to exchange little gifts when they meet new people.  In honor of their culture, we are to bring lots of little gifts from our home state.  Susie and I shopped at the farmer's market a few days ago and got lots of honey, jellies, and candies made locally.  I bought nice assorted chocolates for the staff of an adoption advocacy group that wants to meet Abby, my mother, and I.  I need a long skirt to wear to the church service and to the 2 meetings with directors of agencies.  The first rule of going on a mission trip is to be flexible!!  Always be prepared to adjust your plans.  My plan is already being adjusted.  We will not be visiting the Welfare Town that I thought we were going to work at.  I'm very sad because there is a home for children with cognitive disabilities.  Clearly, special needs children are dear to our hearts and I so wanted to see them.  But, I've been praying that this would be God's trip and they He would order our steps to do the most good, to bring honor to him, to break our hearts(love that song..."Break our hearts for what breaks yours" do you know that worship song??)  and teach us.  So, I trust that the new schedule will be even better.

Speaking of breaking hearts, the documentary Half The Sky aired on PBS recently.  We recorded it and I am watching it this week.  I read the book last year--heartbreaking and awful. If you are a woman with opportunities and choices--you are so blessed.  Educate yourself of little girls and women sold in the sex trafficking industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment