Tuesday, July 24, 2012

we won't be at camp..again

Korean Heritage Camp starts tomorrow.  Our adoption agency, Dillon International is the absolute best!  Post adoption support and education are their flagship services.  I feel like a loser Korean adoptive family.  We missed last year at camp.  Now, we are missing again.  But, for what it matters, Abby and I will be in Korea for 10 days in October.  I guess that trumps camp.  However, to all you transracial and transcultural adoptive families, it really is super important that you incorporate heritage events and meeting with other families who like like your family.  The shared experiences between the parents and between the children is so helpful. To my sweet friends enjoying each other in Tulsa this week, I miss you all.  Have fun and eat lots of bibimbop and kimchi for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment