Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let freedom ring

Happy Independence Day all!  What a blessing to enjoy our immense freedoms here in the USA.  Thank you to all who have served this country to secure those liberties!
My family is enjoying a time at a rented lakehouse.  About 30 of us eating, laughing, children playing and swimming, eating, laughing...you get the idea.

And yet, let me remind everyone, that such liberty and enjoyment is not possible for a country of 23 million people.  The country of North Korea is on my mind.  Millions and millions of people oppressed, suffering, and starving.  Click HERE to see a news report of children in orphanages and hospitals suffering from malnutrition.  I can't even let my mind think of the number of orphaned children, going to bed at night alone.  It makes me shudder with horror.  Our daughter was born about 1 hour from the North Korean border...the realities are gut wrenching.

I beg you, as you sip our lemonade, eat your hotdogs and apple pie....pray for the people of North Korea.  Christians, rise up and pray for spiritual freedoms and light to shine.  Mike and I have stood at the DMZ and looked through binoculars into N. Korea.  An impressive fake city, a propaganda spectacle, but inside emptiness, harsh rule, evil reigns.



No comments:

Post a Comment