Saturday, July 21, 2012

We are all working

Carter got a job!!  He starts tomorrow at a hardware store.  We are thrilled. He is thrilled that he doesn't have to sling burgers, wear a dorky uniform, or smell like food after work.  The store is .2 mile from our house.  I hope he falls in love with the confidence one gains from earning a paycheck and that an older man takes him under his wing and really teaches him about hard work, dependability, and home improvement.
As far as work goes for me, I finally got an email that my coursework is all approved and I am an truly complete with my Bachelor's degree!  Beginning in August I can sign my name Libby ___ RN, BSN, CCRN.  I haven't heard from UTA  or Tech regarding grad school.  I've been picking up some extra shifts lately to pay for mine and Abby's mission trip coming up.  Last night I got home from work and Dillon hugged me tight.  He asked "Why you work so lot?"  That stung a bit :(
Abby went to a Safe Sitter class last week.  She enjoyed it and learned a ton!  She even got her CPR card.  So, a few days ago she put her knowledge to use.  Mike and I both worked, Hudson went to the daycare(he is a handful and I dont think she is ready to keep both boys for extended periods--I can barely manage them!), and Abby took care of Dillon all day.  They did great.  I paid her well(for an 11yr old anyway) and she bought locker decor--she is gearing up for 6th grade!!
Mike is back at work at the school.  He had a great 3 weeks off but is happy to be in his routine.  Things are beginning to buzz at school:  volleyball camps, books coming in, tons of new student interviews for admissions.  It is bursting at the seams.  Praise the Lord for His favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment