Monday, July 30, 2012

19 years ago

I was a very young 20yr old woman who thought she was all grown up.  I said "I do" to marrying a very very handsome brown-eyed 23yr old man! He was funny, smart, employed, a devoted follower of Jesus, thoughtful, and wanted to make a difference in the lives of teenagers.  It has been a whirlwind 19 years.  I hardly remember life not married.  Mike is a God-send.  What a grand adventure we've been on and are planning in our dreams for the future.
Last night we left the kids home by themselves--LOVE having Abby and Carter big enough to watch the 2 young boys.  No babysitter fees for us!  We had a Groupon(remember, cheap is how we always roll) for 20.00 off 40.00 worth of food at an old and very cheesey German restaurant in the city.  We had a blast, mostly making fun of the strange patrons and workers.  The roaming Polka-accordion player was a super nerd who would stand at our table, awkwardly playing the accordion and making jokes. I enjoyed a delish breaded cutlet with red cabbage and saurkraut. 

Next we perused Half Priced Books.  We used yet another coupon to get 50% off a purchase.  Look out cause I bought Weird by Craig Groeschel and I have a feeling it will inspire me to be even more weird, compared to typical American society.  I also bought Tina Fey's Bossypants.  Hilarious, bad language and sacrilegous jokes, but hilarious all the same.  We then checked to make sure Hudson hadn't tied up Abby and Carter and that Dillon hadn't vomited on the furniture(you never know with those 2 boys!).  They were fine.  So, we went extra crazy and bought a gelatto at Central Market.  Yummmmo.  When we got home the kids had a surprise.  They decorated for our anniversary and had 80's music playing ;)

1 comment: