Saturday, February 25, 2012

can't finsih what I start

Ugh, why am I so bad about finishing well?  I'm the most gung-ho and jump right in person when something really rings a bell with me.  Remember the coupons?  It lasted 7 weeks.  Here is what is left of my pitiful stockpile...

Remember the cash envelopes?  Pathetic...lasted 3 weeks.  It is just too hard when you have a debit card!!  Crikeys, I'm so lazy. 
My goal of running my first 10K this winter--not so much.  I'm good if I get in 3 two-mile jogs a week.
Honestly, the only reason I didn't quit my RN to BSN studies last summer was because of shame.  I'd written about it and everyone knows I'm in school.  I'd be so embarrased if I up and quit(only 3 five-week classes left PTL).
As for giving up Facebook for Lent, I've not been on there since Ash Wednesday.  For the record, I don't know what Ash Wednesday is.  I'm definitelfy a nontraditional, nondenominational, you can't tell me what to do unless Jesus tells me to do it kind of person.  But, I love the whole Lent season idea.  So, Facebook is gone for 40 days.  If you posted a fantastic statement on my wall, please text it to me. My mom is on a spending freeze for 40 days.  She read "7" too and is all into it.  she is only buying absolute necessities for 40 days.  Her dilemna the first day was deciding if shampoo is a necessity :)  My dad said Yes!
Now, as for my influence of "7" by Jen Hatmaker, the best book I've ever read, I'm hoping not to doom it to the wayside in 3 weeks too.  It speaks straight to my hippie, nonconformist, want to be a light for Jesus heart.  So, I'll let you know that I bought local, organic spinach at a farmer's market today. It is so pretty and dark and big, wrinkly leavaes--doesn't look at all like the packaged fresh spinach.  I'm hosting a mother/daughter spring clothing and accessories swap March 24.  Sure, the invitation I sent out has some preaching in it about how filthy rich most middle class America is compared to the 2 billion people on earth who survive on less than 2 dollars a day.  But, I think this will be a lot of fun and can teach us and our daughters about not buying more just because we can.

1 comment:

  1. And that, my friend, is why we get along. We are so much alike in this sense!!

    ReplyDelete