Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend with the girls

So last Thursday night and all day Friday I went to PINK Impact at Gateway Church with my sisters, mom, my sister's mother-in-law, and her soon to be sister-in-law(confused yet??). It was WONDERFUL!!!!!! I texted Mike on Thursday night that I was in girl heaven. I mean, a full 2500 seat auditorium with excited women singing worship songs with my absolute favorite, Kari Jobe, clapping, hands raised! It was so wonderful. Of course, we sang my song, Healer several times(turn up your speakers as I have programed to play when you visit my blog). Robert Morris' message that night was on the whole chapter of John 9. I've really liked the first 5 verses of that chapter for many years now. Back when our secondary infertility was so fresh, raw, and painful, I read those verses over and over. It wasn't anyone's fault that the man in the chapter was born blind. But, God used it for his glory! I think our being led to adoption to build our family was the same way. God wasn't/isn't punishing Mike and I for any sins by making us suddenly infertile after very easily having a child by birth(he is now 13 Yikes!). When I had a tubal pregnancy in October of 2004, that wasn't a punishment either. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people to. We live in a fallen, imperfect world. What I haven't ever seen before was all the other amazing truth in the rest of the chapter. Now, I was planning on outlining all those points for you. But, I left my Bible and PINK notes on the closet floor of Katy's apartment. They are on the floor because I have a curse of waking up early every single day of my life!!!!! So, at home, and at other people's homes, I read my Bible and journal, in the closet :) You will have to return here for the message notes later. Anyway, it was truly one of the all time top 3 sermons I've ever heard(and I've heard a LOT). As I've mentioned before, our little prince, Dillon, has some special needs. He has a severe speech/language disorder and some other issues. Abby and I pray every night for God to heal him so he can communicate clearly. He can't sing songs, he can't tell the stories of what happened at school. He is trapped inside. He knows exactly what he wants to say but struggles so hard, he gets frustrated and gives up. He is very good at charades and mimicking. I understand what he is saying more than most people. But, at 6yrs old now, we need a miracle!!!!! I'm asking everyone to please please please place my sweet boy at the feet of Jesus and ask for a miracle. Some of you may be thinking "but God doesn't heal people anymore, those kind of miracles ended with Jesus' death." OH, but you are wrong!!!! God clearly says in the Bible that he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Why would He stop doing miracles. That is old religous baloney! Psalm 77:14 says You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

So, let's ask God to display His power and see what a glorious testimony He gets. If you want to learn about miracles, click herehttp://gatewaypeople.com/index.php?action=res_series_details&sid=166 and choose the sermon that talks about miracles at the bottom. It is well worth your 30minutes!!!

1 comment:

  1. Libby,
    I have alot to read but I'm glad the paperwork is going (well, away, however you think of it). I'll keep checking. Can't wait to see your new baby in your arms.
    Amanda, Anthony, Ananya and Prasun's mom

    ReplyDelete