Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Thankful Thursday again

You know, it is funny, but Abby and Carter love Thankful Thursday. I figured it would be another reason for them to roll their eyes and say "Oh Mom"(believe me, there are many of those reasons like the time we had Africa Day and I only let our family eat rice and drink water the whole day and we talked and prayed for starving children in Africa--don't think we are all holy or something, by 5pm that day, our stomachs were sick to death of rice and water and we bought HAMBURGERS--I'm super ashamed!). Anyway, you who know me well know that I'm almost always a seriuos person. I despise wasting time, silliness, wasting money and such. It is a heavy burden to bear because I always struggle with feeling guilty! Guilty for working too much, guilty for not working enough, guilty for not playing with the children, guilty for not teaching them more of God's truths, guilty for spending money on a new shirt from Target, guilty for not having a date night with my husband--you name it, I'm feeling guilty for it!!!
So, today's Thankful Thursday is guilt free and not going to be deep or spiritual, just fun!
I'm thankful for internet
I'm thankful for the automatic button on my coffee pot that comes on at 5:20 am
I'm thankful that my husband likes to spend time with us, not at sporting events, hunting, or fishing
I'm thankful for Dillon's hysterical British accent
I'm thankful for the way Abby's smile lights up her whole face and that she isn't a prissy girly girl
I'm thankful for Carter's deep desire to do the right thing and that he doesn't always get lost in WalMart anymore(cell phones are so good for that)
I'm thankful for a new month and getting to do my favorite activity: fill out my big wipe-erase family calender with the new month--I love organization and calenders and to do lists!!
I'm thankful for heading out of the rat race next weekend to the country for Easter and watching my kids play with their cousins and hunt for boat loads of candy from Nana and Papa and Grandma.
PS. I'm reading "The Power of Your Words" by Robert Morris--you must must read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment