Friday, April 10, 2009

Say What?

Life with a child who has special needs is pretty darn funny(gotta laugh or you'll go nuts!). Dillon has an attention span of about 10 seconds. So, yesterday we were driving down a road we drive down fairly frequently. He said "where baby?" I was explaining that Hudson was far away and it would take a long time before he comes home. Then I decided to start preparing him for the adjustment. I told him that when Hudson comes home I'd have to carry the baby, not Dillon(yes, I know he is 6 but he's my current baby--don't judge :)). He was looking out the window with a serious look and said "I can't see ho!"
No, he didn't mean THAT, he meant, we were driving past a field that usually has horses in it(hey, is is Texas!) and he didn't see any!
So much for serious talks huh?

1 comment:

  1. Libby, really, 3:38am? Do you ever sleep?
    Dillon is such a joy! Sometimes, a short attention spam is healthy. He is not spending much time worrying about life with a new baby!

    ReplyDelete