Monday, March 16, 2009

Just amazing

Why am I such a wimp? I mean, seriously, throughout the past several years, God has showed himself faithful to us over and over again. I'm not saying things are always easy and smooth, or that we always get what we want. But, the Lord never fails to show up and remind us that He really is control. I'm telling you all this so that in a few days, when my feeble minded self begins looking at the mountain in my way, and starts to doubt and get faint. Then, I can be reminded of His working and relax a bit(that's the plan anyway). Yesterday at church, the pastor was talking about when God speaks to you. The Holy Spirit speaks to your heart. You know it is Him, when you can confirm it in the Word(and not open to a random passage, point and hello--God's will!), circumstances and testimony of fellow believers affirm it. I was feeling pretty darn sure that adopting Hudson was God's will for our family. Then, I went to Gateway Church evening services with my sisters and parents. My favorite worship leader, Kari Jobe, was on stage. Then, the intro started and my youngest sister and I whipped our heads around. It was "the" song. You know how for a season, a particular worship song ministers to you so mightily that you feel your heart pound when you hear it? She started singing "Healer", which is on her new cd by the way. I've loved this song and prayed it for our son Dillon for about 8months now. How powerful it was. Some of the words are "I believe, you're my portion, I believe, you're more than enough for me, Jesus you're all I need, Nothing is impossible for you.." You get the idea. I left feeling very refreshed. I can't tell any details, but this morning I talked to someone who has inside knowledge about our sweet boy's situation and she spoke words of peace and affirmation to me. THEN, you won't believe this! My good friend from our agency emails me. It seems that an anonymous donor has paid for our homestudy---1500.00!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you see? God doesn't give you the vision of HOW he will do it. He asks you to take that first step of faith and obedience. Then, watch how HE unfolds his plan. A few days ago I prayed "Lord, you are gonna have to blow the roof off with provisions for this!". He already has :)
Closing verses for your enjoyment and my reminders:
2 Cor 9:6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously., verse 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment