Tuesday, November 5, 2013

She did it...and I'm so impressed!

My sister, Emily, ran her first marathon last Saturday. I really can't even fathom this feat.  She has been an amazing example of determination and hard work.  She has struggled with weight, poor self-image, and inactivity for nearly her whole life.  18 months ago she said "enough!!"  45 pounds slimmer and jogging with diligence and education (she is all smart now about distance running-the Galloway method), she ran 26.2 miles in 5 hours and 13 minutes.  Her 3 young daughters cheered as she crossed the finish line.  What a memory those girls will never forget.  I'm so proud of her!!  She has energized me to quit blaming my grad studies on my loss of running time.  I'm getting up and getting my cardiac muscles pumping.

1 comment: