Friday, November 15, 2013

school is getting cool

It is starting to click.  All my studying is beginning to shape up my thinking about my patients in new and much more in depth ways.  I'm thinking more critically about the physiology and what it means in patient care. I really enjoy this deeper understanding. I took care of a lady who was an alcoholic and I had just finished a lecture on the MEOS alcohol metabolism pathway.  It was so fun to be able to talk to the doc on a new level. Hopefully, this burst of interest and excitement will carry me through December 2016
Speaking of school, Hudson came home telling me about what Mrs. Hartt taught the kindergartners.  He said "in the old days, people had to kill the sheep for sin, because blood cancels the sin.  But Jesus was the sheep and now we don't do that anymore."  Whoa!!  Some deep lessons and he got it! Now, if he can just get it in his head that he has to obey, even when he doesn't feel like it :)  Little toot is too smart for his own good.

In bigger news....Carter has a new(gently used) car!!!!  Our very very well loved 1998 Accord with 227K miles needs a new transmission...to the tag of 2800.00.  Um, I don't think so!  We had so much fun getting him this car. He has kept the same job for a year and a half and other than not being able to remember his homework, we have no trouble with this teen/almost grown man at all.  He is a joy.

Photo: Our beloved '98 Accord with 227K miles bit the dust. Carter has kept the same job for a year and a half and is a great young man! We enjoyed getting this sweet car for him. Merry Christmas, happy early bday and happy early graduation! You make us so proud

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! Miss you this week! HAd so much fun last weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete