Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life can be a stretch sometimes

  My 2 oldest kids really saw a glimpse of life last week.  In one day, they attended the funeral of beloved Coach K at our school, their great-grandfather died, and their friend was diagnosed with leukemia-all in a matter of 4 hours.  I could almost see their childhood innocence disappearing.  Life can be hard.  But, it can be joyful too!  Coach K's brother made a decision to become a follower of Jesus after seeing the powerful testimonies at the funeral.  I can see him pumping his fist and rejoicing in heaven over that! 
We had Grandad's funeral yesterday.  It was lovely.  My bro-in-law, Doug, preached it and boy was it awesome!  Lots of sweet friends and memories. My hubby sang old gospel hymns--that man can sing!  In fact, I'm thinking the funeral home may be calling to ask if he will be a full-time funeral singer.
Grandad had full military honors.  Not a dry eye when they played taps and handed the folded flag to my 96 yr Grandmother, hunched over in her wheelchair in front of the coffin.  They were married 73 years!  My sister, Emily, took this amazing photo.

And, we are praying for sweet M, a strong and beautiful 16 year old in the hospitald receiving chemo.  We trust she will be healed and back to school next year.
Dillon's annual ARD meeting is next week.  We have a feeling that it will hold some changes for his IEP.  For all you momma's of kids with special needs, you know what I mean.  ARDs are hard. But, life is a blessing.  A wonderful journey and we are blessed beyond measure.

For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

 For by You I can run upon a troop; And by my God I can leap over a wall Psalm 18:28-29

2 comments:

  1. I spent some time catching up. Seems like we have both experienced some great losses in the past few months. It is hard to go through--but I keep reminding myself that the same one that created these beautiful lives ordained their days. Praying for you guys and the teenager going through Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 73 YEARS!! What an amazing blessing.

    ReplyDelete