Wednesday, September 12, 2012

filling the days


I'm loving not having any school work to complete.  My free days have been so enjoyable--lunch with friends, painting the laundry room, reading books that I want to read--not have to read.  Insert commercial for the book "Weird" by Craig Groeschel, amazing! Let's just say that if I get declined admission into grad school, I may not be too disappointed.  Dillon has started school with a bang.  He stayed home with me yesterday due to a mild case of pneumonia.  Our family is so strange.  Here he is eating rice with seaweed strips for lunch.  Hey, we are taking our kiddo's Korean heritage to heart!

Here is my project.  I began painting the laundry room in May.  Uh-hem, I am not slow, I'm deliberate!  I just wanted to make sure this is what I wanted.  What says clean laundry and bright home like a fresh coat of yellow?  The little blue flags are where I'd measured the kids and marked their height on the wall.  Those markings are precious so I put little flags with the name and date and then pushed a pin in to the spot. 

Hudson informed me this morning that he'd rather stay at the extended time after preschool than come home with me at 12:30.  I'm boring :/     So, I'm sprucing a few things up around the house.  Some people dear to us are selling a house and it got me to looking around at the spots we've run down or ignored for 5 years.
Oh, random, but Mike wrote a little post in the school's newsletter about true blessings.  That man is stellar, I tell ya!  How in the world did I snag him?  I'll share it with you sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Hey where to you get your seaweed?? We bought A WHOLE BUNCH in Korea and now we are out. I didn't forsee my other kids liking it so much!

    ReplyDelete