Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Forever Family Day-3 years

3 years ago today we landed at DFW, a family of 6.  Seong Cheol was 21 months old and completely terrified of Mike and I.  Thank the Lord we'd taken Abby with us to Korea.  He instantly bonded with her and she had to care for him on the plane home.  His coping mechanism from the first day he saw us was to close his eyes...maybe they aren't really there...if I just don't see them!!  Poor little fella.  If you'd like to read about our trip home, click HERE

(sweet friend Faith helping Dillon hold the Welcome Home sign)

(we were surprised anyone braved the airport arrival at 11pm)


("they really aren't here, they really aren't here!")

The last 3 years have been pretty wild.  In all honesty, the first 6 months after his arrival were HARD!  He screamed a lot, cried a lot, was very demanding, and vomited all over our city(whenever in public, he'd have a tantrum and vomit).  All typical grieving and adjustment behaviors.  Fast forward to today.  This kid is a brilliant and funny 4yr old.  He loves school, is obsessed with Thomas trains, is very musical and sings all day, has super expressive eyes, and cracks us up.  Just a few days ago he gave me the perfect explanation:  "I think I know why I'm so loud, it is cause of my huge lungs."  Brilliant I tell ya!
Happy Gotcha Day Seong Cheol.

No comments:

Post a Comment