Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas season starts with a bang

And we're off! 
We pulled decorations out last Sunday afternoon to put up the tree.  Carter wanted everyone in their pj's to decorate.  So, after lugging the loot from the attic, and changing into pj's, we began.  I soon found myself alone.  Everyone conveniently scattered.  I did what any psychologically stable and uplifting mother would do, I yelled.  In fact, I yelled this..."Guys, I don't even like Christmas.  If you want the tree up, YOU get in here and help!".  Oh yes, I did. Of course, the tree is beautiful--complete with all the decorations in the front middle, cause that is where little kids place them(and I wouldn't dare rearrange).  Nothing like a cold evening, wearing flannel, and a lit up Christmas tree! 
 On the shopping note, I'm soooo proud of myself.  I've barely stepped into a store this season.  You can get anything you need from Amazon, and I nearly always get free shipping.  Shop in my jammies, it comes to my door 3 days later.  On the crafting note, remember my plan to make a Menorah?  Didn't happen.  So, I decided on an advent wreath/candle display for the dining table(I got the easy directions and family devo idea from the last book in the Yada Yada Prayer Group Series.  What???  You haven't read it?  MUST read!).  Unfortunately, one cannot locate pink or purple candles anywhere in December.  So, I am stuck with the Christ candle, the tall white one, sitting alone in the greenery.  It is pretty, but lacking the meaning of the full advent.





Thursday was the 4th and 5th grade musical at our school.  I realize I'm biased, but our school has exceptional music/theater talent and the kids put on wonderful shows.  Abby was the lead angel!  She looked stunning and Mike and I projected what it would be like to see her wearing an all white gown on her wedding day(tears!). 

Today Abby and I have a mom/daughter Christmas brunch.  Driving home from work last night I realized "OMGoodness!  We are supposed to bring a gift each for the exchange". So, I woke up early to     1. update this blog 2. run 2 miles 3. wrap the gifts for the angel tree child we shopped for 4. dash out to find something cute to exchange with people who need nothing and have better taste than I do 5. finish my last government chapter and take a test.  This afternoon Carter and the highschool show choir performs at Christmas on the Square.              Whew, in the words of Dori the fish,  just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment