Friday, November 25, 2011

post turkey coma

can't ....keep...my...eyes...open
Lovely Thanksgiving.  Large exuberant gathering at my folks.  Restful and quiet time at my mother-in-laws.  Boycotted Black Friday(Amazon and I are fast becoming best friends!).  My mom and sisters went, like our usual tradition.  I missed it.  Apparently they had quite the hilarious adventure and I can't wait to hear the details.  I, however, slept past 7am, ran 2 miles on a country road, and chilled. 

Thankful:  not just one day of reflecting, but an attitude of gratitude.  I'm overflowing with gratefulness.

  • personal relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ in whom we have hope, meaning, and a reason to get up in the morning
  • husband who supports me and loves me and puts up with my flighty new ideas and preachy rants
  • healthy children
  • sweet extended family
  • warm home
  • jobs, health insurance
  • our awesome church
  • electricity and clean water
  • great friends
  • my chance to get more education for almost free
  • memories of a great 2011
  • oreos dipped in milk

No comments:

Post a Comment