Saturday, October 8, 2011

Heart Gallery debuts tomorrow

I'm so stinkin' excited!  Last Februray, my friend and I launched Project PAPA(p-protect, a-advocate, p-provide, a-adopt), our church's ministry to orphans and at-risk children.  Friday, we set up the Heart Gallery for this area.  Basically, in Texas there are approximately 1500 kids whose parental rights have been terminated and they are legally cleared for adoption--the only trouble is--they have no forever family ready to adopt them and they wait in foster homes.  So, the Heart Gallery is 30 portraits, a small representation of those kids.  I'm praying for our church to be smacked upside the head, have their hearts broken and their spirits stirred to care for children like these!  I get to  introduce the display from the pulpit, so, while I'm getting stage and mic time, I'm wearing my 147 Million Orphans--Feed One tshirt
       Click Here to get yours
I'm so grateful that our pastor and staff are supportive and excited about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment